Your Pre-Advising Requirements below must be completed before your scheduled advising appointment or your New Coug Orientation session, whichever comes first. To learn more about each item, click on the titles below.
- Register for Orientation asap after you confirm your offer of admission.
- Complete Pathways to Course Registration Modules no more than 30 days prior to advising or orientation.
- Complete Placement Assessments at least two weeks before your advising or orientation session.
- Be Tech Ready before your orientation session.
- Send Updated Transcripts at least two weeks prior to your advising or orientation session.
Additional New Student To-Do List – Prior to Start of Classes
The Pre-Campus Arrival To-Do List should be completed before arriving on campus for your first semester of classes. To learn more about each item, click on the titles below.
- Apply for Campus Housing asap after confirming your offer of admission – priority deadline is May 1.
- Complete Pre-Campus Arrival Modules after you attend orientation and before the start of classes.
- Complete Mandatory Programming asap after you complete orientation and before the start of classes.
- Send Vaccination Records asap after you confirm your offer of admission.
- Send Final Official Transcripts asap and before the start of classes.
Complete Pathway to Course Registration Modules
Modules will be full of valuable resources that will help you get the most out of your academic advising and orientation sessions. They should be completed no more than 30 days before your scheduled New Coug Orientation session begins.
New Coug Orientation Modules for 2024 are under development; please check back in March.
It is important that students who need to take these exams complete them two weeks prior to their Orientation session, as scores will determine which classes you are eligible to register for with your academic advisor.
Writing Placement Assessment
The 2024 writing placement assessment is being developed. Please check back in March for more information. Do I need to take the writing placement assessment?
Foreign Language Placement
If you plan to enroll in a foreign language course, please visit the Language Placement Testing website for more information.
Be Tech Ready
We strongly recommend setting up your WSU email account before orientation.
- Go to the website office365.wsu.edu.
- Login on the WSU Sign In Page with your Network ID and Password (same as myWSU login).
- On the Office 365 Landing Page, click the “Mail” Icon.
- The first time you access this, it will ask you to set your time zone.
- This will then take you to your Inbox for your Office 365 email account.
- Your email address will be email@example.com.
Install the Guidebook App. Visit https://guidebook.com/space/wsunco/ from your phone to install.
Download the ZeeMee App. Visit https://zeemee.app.link/wsupullman from your phone to install.
Need technology assistance? Contact Crimson Service Desk or call 509-335-HELP (509-335-4357)
Send Updated Transcripts
Pre-Advising: Send updated transcripts prior to your scheduled advising appointment or orientation session (whichever comes first) to get the most out of your advising experience. This includes Spring 2024 grades, AP test scores, and other college level coursework. These can be unofficial transcripts.
Pre-Campus Arrival: Make sure that your high school or transfer institution and testing agencies are sending final official transcripts and test scores to the WSU Office of Admissions. Students who are in Running Start, High School in the College, or other dual enrollment programs must send transcripts from each college/university providing college-level academic credit.
Apply for Campus Housing
Spring/August New Coug Orientation: Housing is not provided. Students will move directly into their housing for the semester.
Summer New Coug Orientation: Students will be housed in our residence halls.
You can apply for housing 24 – 48 hours after you have confirmed your admission. If you’re eligible to live off-campus, explore additional options at offcampusliving.wsu.edu. The priority deadline for new housing applications is May 1, 2024. All applications received at that time will be treated equally in the first round of the placement process.
Complete Pre-Campus Arrival Modules
Pre-Arrival Modules are a resource for you and your family and supporters to continue to prepare for your transition to life at WSU. We recommend completing these modules within 30 days of arriving on campus for the semester.
Modules for 2024 are under development; please check back in March.
Complete Mandatory Programming
Incoming first-year and transfer students are required to complete the following mandatory programs:
Consent and Respect: This course discusses healthy and unhealthy relationships, the importance of consent, and how to report gender-based violence if it occurs.
Alcohol Wise: This 15-20-minute self-guided alcohol survey provides feedback specific to your own alcohol usage. The program is required for all incoming students who will be under the age of 21 at the beginning of their first semester.
Hazing and Hosting: This course helps you identify and report hazing if you see it happening. Washington State has a no-tolerance hazing law.
Access and instructions to complete this programming will be sent to your WSU email address from WSU Health Education.
It is your responsibility to complete this program during your first semester. Failure to complete the course will result in a hold on your student account. See more about the mandatory programs or contact WSU Health Education with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Vaccination Records
WSU students are required to provide documentation of:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Measles (Rubeola), OR MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine (MCV4/ACWY)*
- Tdap – tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough (Pertussis) Vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox) Vaccine
- Tuberculosis screening for high-risk populations (Login to your WSU Patient Portal to complete the screening)
Find details regarding immunization requirements, submitting documentation, exemption requests or getting immunized if you have not done so at cougarhealth.wsu.edu or contact email@example.com.
Failure to complete the course will result in a hold on your student account.
Note: If you were vaccinated in Washington State but cannot find your records, view the instructions for downloading your immunization records.